Friday, May 22, 2009

I Love This Country

Ok...here it goes. I watched American Idol this season. Now wait a sec...I did not watch every show. This is the first time I had ever watched it. I was watching with my wife. Ok...I feel better now that I put out my disclaimers!
All I have to say is this....if every season some singer gets his hopes smashed to bits because America is not ready for him...well, then I am hooked! (Not really)
Everyone, myself included, thought Mr. Eyeliner was going to win. He was the better singer...and, last I checked, this is a singing contest! However, it is also a popularity contest and, sad to say, Adam's flamboyant performances are/were not very popular with most of America in my opinion. I do not feel bad for Adam, he will make his millions and will probably have a better contract too with more input from the beginning but he should have won. I will tip my hat to him though as he was the gracious winner and let Kris enjoy the moment....which he was too stunned to do.

And let me add this...one of the main reasons I have never watched before was because of Paula Abdul and I was right. I do not know what she is on but I hope she gets help soon! Listening to her was like nails on a chalkboard...and that was when she made sense.

On a completely different topic... I think its time for another tattoo. I pretty much know what I want and hope to go in the next couple of weeks. I will post pics when ready.

Ciao

No comments: