Friday, May 8, 2009

Mother's Day

Sunday is Mother's Day. Millions of flowers will be bought; thousands of poached eggs will be eaten and unfortunately, many gold-plated charms with "Mom" spelled out in cubic zarconia stones will be forced to be worn.
Moms are great. I can honestly say that without them, none of us would be here. However, they deserve more than a day. It's great that on Sunday, the family will get together and make mom feel special but we should try to do that everyday. Give mom a call just to say hi on a Tuesday afternoon. Send her a card on any other day besides her birthday. Take her for Eggs Benedict on a Saturday in August. This Mother's Day, give your mom a gift that she will really appreciate and love...give her more than just a day. Thats what I'm going to try to do.
Thanks mom for everything. I love you and appreciate you and will do my best to let you know more often.

3 comments:

jnnut said...

Well said! For as long as I've known you, you've always been appreciative of her and all that she's done for you. There should be more people like you. =)

CKD said...

Aw, you're a good kid! So, do you think I should dial down the jokes about balls, just to give my mom a break?

Mo said...

Heck no. Your mom would think you were ill and worry!