Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Typical Sharks

Ok, I need to vent.
I have been going to San Jose Sharks games since they played in San Francisco the first couple of years. My friend Mike and I bought 10 game mini plans for a number of years. I am a whore for free tickets when offered, I take my boys at least once a year to a game and we watch them on the tube every chance we get. I am a fan of the Sharks.
Previous years have been disappointing as they had good teams and either blew it in the playoffs or started off so crappy in the beginning of the season, they missed the playoffs altogether.
This year...they had a great team. Had the best record in the NHL. Had home ice advantage EVERY series...had they made it past the first series! Yes, my Sharks got their asses spanked in the first round. I wish I could tell you why. Saying they SUCKED the past 4 games is too easy. Why they sucked? I dont know. No heart? No sense of urgency? No leadership on the ice? Yes. Yes. Yes.
Its frustrating, as a fan, to have ALL the teams in your market LOSE every year.
What do these teams have to do to WIN?
I wish I knew.

No comments: