Friday, April 24, 2009

Updates and Other Filler

So... awhile back I mentioned that we were visiting schools for my oldest son. We went to several open houses and tours, had him do "shadow" days at the school where he was a student for a day. We met with admissions people, principals..or the Head of School (ckd feel free to laugh)... all in the pursuit of education. It was enough to make my head swim and take up drinking as a fulltime job.
Well...it all paid off. My son was admitted (and we accepted) to a great private school in San Francisco. He is very excited, we all are, and it should be a great experience for him.
But there is more....
This weekend, we begin part 2 of the saga. My youngest son was invited to apply for the same academic program that his brother is a part of. Tomorrow he has an assessement day and we have a family interview as part of the process. I am hoping that nepotism is part of the program's manifesto but also making sure my son is scrubbed behind the ears just in case. If he is accepted, I am thinking he will have a good chance at attending the same private school in a year and having them at the same school would be awesome.
Lets keep our fingers crossed!

Ok...let me rant....
What The F**k is going on with the Sharks? Are they going to blow it again? They are folding faster than a Kmart Lawn chair. They had better get their heads out of their asses or they run the risk of losing this fan....and many others too!
Play like you want it guys. Play like you mean it. For Fucks sake, just fucking play!

1 comment:

CKD said...

Head of Scool...heh heh. We had a "Headmaster" which now sounds totally dirty, but at the time made us sound all "Dead Poets Society" and shit.