Friday, September 12, 2008

You're How Old?!?

My yougest son Xavier (pronounced Javier) turns 9 tomorrow! Happy Birthday Little Boy!
It's hard to grasp that he is 9. When I look at him I still see the baby that used to use the corner of his blanket to rub against his nose as he was falling asleep. I will probably always see him this way, sorry buddy, and thats ok with me.
I have been blessed with two beautiful boys that listen, are great students, have super personalities and are growing up to be fine young men (still a long way to go, I know but they are well on their way!). Friends always comment on what a great job I am doing raising them but I must share the glory with these same friends and family that have been there all along with me.
Thanks to the following peeps for being there at one time or another for my boys:
Grandparents Sifuentes....for always being there to pick up, watch them after school or weekend night when I have plans. Also for being big fans of their soccer and little league games.
Uncles and auntie Sifuentes for talking, playing and being good role models for them.
My wife Marnitas for being the best stepmom any kid can ask for. The boys truly love you and you bring much happiness to their lives.
Nana and Papa Muto for accepting my boys as you have accepted me, into your family.
Jeff, Rex, Bridget, and the entire "Swinger" group for being such good people that I have no problem having my boys around you. From talking to them to letting them propose a business plan to house sit for you....every experience has been fantastic. I know you have seen them become more comfortable with each of you and it is a direct result of your efforts in always making them feel welcome.
Thanks to many more of you that have left an impression on my boys.
Happy Birthday Xavier.

No comments: