Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Back in Cali

I visited my good friend Derek and his family in Arizona this past weekend. I had not seen my Scottish brother and family since he served as my best man over a year ago. My wife Marna, two boys, Alejandro and Xavier, and my dear friend B, all flew down Thursday. B used to babysit for Derek so it was a little reunion of sorts for all of us. We had a blast!
On Friday, the ladies and kids hungout at the pool (they have a beautiful house that is made for entertaining!) and went to the park while D and I lost golf balls. Saturday was ladies day as the three went off for a little spa action and the boys went to watch Daniel play in his soccer game. It was really exciting as Little D scored a goal for us! Watching him run back to his teammates with his arms raised was definitely a highlight of the weekend.
Later that night, us guests cooked a little dinner for our wonderful hosts and proceeded to finish off quite a few bottles of wine in the course of the evening. Let me just say that jumping in the pool around midnight with each of us in various stages of dress was a lot of fun!
Seeing my friends made me realize how much I actually miss them. Derek, Jenna, Daniel and Emma are some of my closest friends and I look forward to the day when we are much closer than a 2 hr plane ride away. Until then, I hope to see them more regularly and unfortunately continue to miss them.
Thanks for a great weekend.

2 comments:

CKD said...

I was JUST emailing Derek the other day! He didn't mention your visit. That little punk... Glad you had fun! The Kirklands are great, huh?

Mo said...

I love the Kirklands! In fairness to Derek, he may not remember much after our Saturday night!