Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween and Other Scary Caca

Boo!
I am not a big Halloween person. Never have been. When I was a kid, my best friend was the kid who's mom was the cool mom and she often dressed us up in funky costumes. He also had two older sisters that would like to embarrass us whenever possible so you can imagine some of the pictures I hope never turn up on the interweb (borrowed that from ckd). Now that I have two kids of my own, I kind of get into it a bit but not really...sorry boys. We carved pumpkins, will go trick or treating tonight and probably wake up eating a couple of Buttersfingers for breakfast but if there was a Scrooge for Halloween, it would be me. I dont know why.
Speaking of scary, tomorrow is my 20 year high school reunion. I have mentioned this before, I am looking forward to it! There has been a movement on the web from former classmates to attend and I think some have been convinced to go. The list of attendees has grown and by reading some posts on facebook, it should be fun. I feel kind of bad for all the husbands and wives (including mine) that will have to sit and smile politely as their partners stroll down memory lane speaking of times that they have never heard about but will certainly have questions about on the ride home! Is it weird that some of the people I am most looking forward to seeing tomorrow are people that I really was not that close to while in high school? I think it is because while in high school I didnt know how to speak to people and though we probably had more in common than just theCivics class we shared, we kept to our own little cliques. Now however, we have kids; ave been through college and are married. We have everything in common and are much more sure of ourselves than we ever were before. Should be fun.
Next Tuesday is the election. I encourage everyone to go out and vote. I am. This is a scary time we are going through with our economy and all. Now more than ever our voices need to be heard. In my opinion, if you dont vote, you lose the right to bitch about the next four years.

No comments: