Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fav Album #4

Click for list official participants & info on joining in!

No. 4 on my favorite album list is.......
Nirvana's, Nevermind.
While their debut album Bleach caught the attention of radio America, it was their second album that blew my socks off. Nevermind put Nirvana into American lives whether they wanted it or not. Grunge became an everyday word and Cobain was its posterboy, whether he wanted it or not.
I used to listen to this album everywhere I went, in the car, on my walkman, everywhere. Having said that, I must admit that it was not until recently that I actually "listened" to the entire album and I must say, it is once again, one of my faves on my portable player of choice.
Nirvana helped me discover bands such as STP, Korn, Red Hot Chili Peppers and more. They definitely help add a new section to my record/tape/cd collection.

1 comment:

CKD said...

Yeah, this snapped me into a period my mom probably remembers as The Years I Dressed Like a Dude. But oh man, the music was great!