Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gobble-Gobble

I have been inspired.... I was going to post today or tomorrow on things I am thankful for but I just read a friends blog (http://isthisthingon-ckd.blogspot.com/) and it made me want to write now. If you read this blog, you should check out hers....it's great and she is exactly the same in person!

Anyway....I usually call Thanksgiving Turkey Day because for the most part, thats what we think about but given my moment of inspired thoughts, I am going the true spirit..here are things I am thankful for...in no particular order...

My two boys. They are great boys that love life and bring nothing but hapiness to me.

My wife, Marna. A beautiful person inside and out that loves me despite my faults.

Friends, in general. Good times and bad, they are there for me. Thanks for all you have done.

Bridget. A co-worker who has become a friend over the past year. She has had a tough year but has kept her chin up through out. She has showed me that even in tough times its best, and possible, to have a postive attitude....even if on the inside she would rather not.

Tony. A longtime friend who opened up the door to our friendship once again after a long period. A motivated person with a big heart that proves that its ok to take chances.

Derek. Another longtime friend. Derek has always been honest and straight forward with me, especially when I needed it the most. Though he is 800 miles away now, I know that I can rely on him if needed. A great person with a great family.

My parents. The have done so much for me over my life that I do not know where to start or how to begin to thank them. As a parent myself, I can now appreciate the sacrifices they made to give me the things they did and the life I had.

Health. Though I need to do a better job of taking care of myself I realize that things could be much worse.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

1 comment:

CKD said...

Beautiful. Pass along my love to the boys (even though they were tiny last time I saw them!) and tell your lovely wife I look forward to meeting her soon :)

And thanks for the shout out.