Wednesday, August 27, 2008

School, Soccer and Sleep...

School has officially started. My boys soccer season has officially started. It's time to start stockpiling the sleep.
I love this time of year. Though I hate that summer is ending, the weather actually gets better in the Bay Area around this time. I love that my boys are excited about school. I love the sound their new school pants make when they walk even if its not exactly that "corduroy" sound I grew up making. I love that for about 2 months, they do their homework without having to strap them down in a chair. I love that my boys play soccer and are actually starting to understand the game and the way to play it. I love going to their games though I am exhausted at the end of each one because they can be so exciting. I never thought I would yell at a referree like I do. I think I have turned into my mom in this regard! I love coaching my son and seeing him develop both as a player and as a person. The once shy, quiet boy is now a funny, likes some attention kind of kid. I like to think that some of that is my doing...yeah, I'm going to run with it.

No comments: